The 14th Annual Meeting of the Native American & Indigenous Studies Association
To begin your registration or purchase event tickets, follow this link here and there is another link at the bottom of this page.
For full information on the conference and local venue go to the NAISA 2023 Convention website.
On This Site
- Register to attend the meeting
- Purchase tickets or reserve seats to special events
- Register to exhibit at the meeting
- Early Member Registration: $100 USD Student/Community member/Retired and $200 USD Regular Member
- Early Non-Member Registration: $150 USD Student/Community member/Retired and $350 USD Regular Non-member
- Late and Onsite Member Registration: $125 USD Student/Community member/Retired and $250 USD Regular Member
- Late and Onsite Non-Member Registration: $175 USD Student/ Community member/Retired and $400 USD Regular Non-member
- NAISA Membership: You must be a NAISA member in order to participate in the program. Please sign-up or renew your NAISA membership before the conference.
- Early Registration: The deadline to receive Early Registration rates is April 5, 2023
- Overnight Accommodation Reservations: To receive special discounted rates at partner hotels, please make your overnight accommodations at least 30 days prior to arrival. Availability is limited and subject to change.
- Program Changes: The deadline for presenters to join the program has passed. The deadline for changes to the program or inclusion on ancillary events is March 25, 2023; however, given the size of the program and NAISA’s staffing constraints, request to change time or day of presentation are not possible. Other requests will be considered, but changing the topic and title of a paper or panel is not allowed. To request changes to the program, please send an email by March 25 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare: Information regarding childcare is coming mid-April 2023.
- Exhibitor Participation: The deadline to apply for a booth is now April 14, 2023.
- Registration cancellations/refunds: The deadline to cancel your registration and receive a full refund is April 15, 2023.
Registration and Membership Deadlines to Appear on the Program
If you have been accepted to the Program in a panel, roundtable, film screening, or session, you must Register AND be a member of NAISA. All those listed in the 2023 Program MUST be members of NAISA.
To become a member or renew your membership, please click here. Membership includes a subscription to the journal NAIS. Sign-up or renew your NAISA membership before the conference. Membership is handled by the journal publisher University of Minnesota Press. Membership rates are below:
- $25 USD – Students, retired people, and community member
- $50 USD – Limited resources: People starting out in their careers (would include many assistant professors) and others with limited resources
- $75 USD – Comfortable: People who have stability in their careers (would include many associate professors and some independent scholars
- $100 USD – Well established: People who have achieved positions of sustained security (would include most full professors)
For questions or assistance regarding membership, please contact Amy Smith at email@example.com or 612-301-1947.
Book Exhibitor Booth Space
Approved scholarly presses, academic programs, and non-profit organizations may apply for booth spaces on a first-come, first-served basis until spaces are filled. To view more information about the Book Exhibit, please click here.
NAISA has arranged discounted overnight accommodations at hotels for conference attendees. For more information about accommodation options in Toronto and special NAISA rates, visit https://www.naisa2023.ca/travel-accommodation/hotels/ or see below:
Kimpton St. George – 280 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V8
Kimpton St. George is providing guest rooms with One King Bed at $319 CAD per night plus tax.
Reservations – 1 (833) 642-9137
Chelsea Hotel Toronto – 33 Gerrard Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4, Canada
Chelsea Hotel Toronto is providing guest rooms with One Queen Bed at $249 CAD per night plus tax.
Reservations – 1 (800) 243-5732
Sheraton Toronto Centre – 123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9
Sheraton Toronto Centre is providing guest rooms with One King or Two Queen Beds at $299 CAD per night plus tax.
Reservations – 1 (888) 627-7175
NAISA as a Professional Organization:
You can also contact NAISA via the website at https://www.naisa.org
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the following:
- Preliminary Program Changes
Email email@example.com for questions regarding the following:
- Co-chairs, Local Host Committee
- Exhibit Booth Space
- To Request a Letter in Support of a Visa Application
For information about traveling to Canada, including visa information, please click here
To begin your registration and/or purchase event tickets, please click here!
INMEX – 425 Charlemagne Drive, Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367